The City of Fort Lauderdale is considering amending Section 47-19.3 of the Unified Land Development Regulations of the City, which relates to Boat Slips, Docks, Boat Davits, Hoists, and Similar Mooring Structures. The amendment is intended to improve coastal resilience and mitigate the effects of tidal flooding and sea level rise.
Based on stakeholder feedback received to date, the key ordinance modifications:
• Set the minimum seawall elevation to 3.9 feet NAVD88 (current allowable maximum)
• Require design of seawall for future height adjustment up to 5.0 feet NAVD88
• Adjust the maximum height of a dock above the seawall from 7 to 10 inches
• Extend the time to fix a defective seawall to 365 days
• Require owners to prevent tidal waters entering their property from impacting others
• Removes the mandate that all seawalls must be raised to the minimum elevation
Please review the attached Frequently Asked Questions and the public presentation for more information.